[yt-users] camera and boolean object

M Ryan Joung moo at astro.columbia.edu
Mon Oct 22 17:25:02 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have a question about volume rendering.  I'd like to run camera.allsky_projection on a data object with a particular shape, in this case a sphere with a cylindrical hole in the center.  I was able to define such an object using the boolean operator "NOT".  But feeding it to camera.allsky_projection leads to an error, with the traceback below.
--------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sky_maps.py", line 70, in <module>
    inner_radius = rr, rotation = rotation)
  File "/Users/mkjoung/work/yt/yt-i386/src/yt-hg/yt/visualization/volume_rendering/camera.py", line 1526, in allsky_projection
    dx = min(g.dds.min() for g in pf.h.find_point(center)[0])
AttributeError: 'AMRBooleanRegion' object has no attribute 'h'
--------

(allsky_projection runs successfully when I input 'pf' as an argument.)  Is there a workaround so that allsky_projection will accept the boolean object as pf-like?

Thanks,
-Ryan