[yt-users] running yt on Ranger

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 06:09:24 PST 2012

Hi Yuan,

The main thing the activate script does is set the following environment
variables:
export YT_DEST = path to your whole yt stack (for you this would be
/share/home/01688/yuanli/source/yt-x86_64/)
export PATH=$PATH:$YT_DEST/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$YT_DEST/lib
export PYTHONPATH=$YT_DEST/lib/python2.7/site-packages

If you are manually setting all of those environment variables, then you
don't need to run activate as well.  However, it looks like you're only
setting PATH and then setting PATH again with what's meant for
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I would recommend just running the activate script before
using yt.

Britton