[yt-users] YTSphereTooSmall

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Tue May 22 18:16:13 PDT 2012

Hi Geoffrey and Matt,

> While I think Stephen might know why the difference between
> maximum_radius / virial_radius is confusing the system here,

I don't quite know what's going on. halo.get_sphere() should give you
a YT sphere centered on the center of mass of the halo, with radius of
.maximum_radius(). Perhaps it's not halo 5 that's giving you the
error? Or there's an error in what you're printing?

> I want to
> suggest you back up a bit.  Do you really want to analyze halos that
> are O(dx) across?

I agree with Matt that you should take a close look at what you are
asking from these halos, and if one or just a few cells are sufficient
to give you that.

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us