[yt-users] scale on colourbar?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed May 2 05:57:04 PDT 2012

Hi Elizabeth,

Well, maybe that's not such a good idea -- it belongs to matplotlib,
and you'd definitely know if you've modified something.  In
retrospect, what might be happening is that it is inserting minor
ticks at 1e1 values and major at 1e2.  What happens if you bump the
top of zlim up to 110?  That should get a "major" tick in there and
leave the minor.  If that fixes it, I can dig in and see what's going
on, but generating lookalike data might take a bit.

-Matt

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Elizabeth Tasker
<tasker at astro1.sci.hokudai.ac.jp> wrote:
> Not... intentionally. But I'll try deleting the directory and get yt to recreate it.
>
> Elizabeth
>

> On 2012-05-02, at 9:24 PM, Matthew Turk wrote:
>
>> Hi Elizabeth,
>>
>> Huh, looks like the ticks are *there*, just not being labeled.  Do you
>> by any chance have something in your ~/.matplotlib/matplotlibrc that
>> could be interfering?
>>
>> -Matt
>>
>> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 6:32 AM, Elizabeth Tasker
>> <tasker at astro1.sci.hokudai.ac.jp> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm creating a slice image but it's refusing to tick mark my colour
>>> bar properly:
>>>
>>> http://i.imgur.com/YQBWJ.png
>>>
>>> pc = PlotCollection(pf, center=position)
>>> p = pc.add_slice("NegEscapeVelocity", 2,
>>> field_parameters={"disk_vector":disk_vector,
>>> "disk_center":disk_center, "disk_radius":profile["DiskRadius"],
>>> "disk_potential":profile["PotentialField"]})
>>> p.set_log_field(False)
>>> p.set_zlim(0.0, 30.0)