[yt-users] frb & covering grids

Elizabeth Tasker tasker at astro1.sci.hokudai.ac.jp
Wed May 30 00:44:07 PDT 2012

Hi,

I want to make a uniform 2D grid of a field from my Enzo simulation data.

Currently, I take a slice:

sl = pf.h.slice(0, 32.0, 'Accel3Name')

and then make an frb:

frb = sl.to_frb(64.0/pf['kpc'], resolution, center=galaxy_center)

However, it looks like frb (being really a visualization tool) uses a ngp scheme and doesn't interpolate. Is that true?

That being so, would smoothed_covering_grid do what I want? (i.e. give me an interpolated field between two positions where none of the values are the same for different positions)?

Is it called via:

scg = pf.h.smoothed_covering_grid(4, na.array([0.,0.,0.]), na.array([32.,32.,32.]))

Then, I can just grab the appropriate slice of cells? Does it return the 3D data as a 3D array or 1D?

i.e. can I do:

scg["Accel3Name"][0,0,0]

If not, is it obvious to work out which the centre slice of cells are? Or can I use "slice" and specify the scg as the object?

Elizabeth