[yt-users] Off-axis projections using Homogenized Volumes and a weight field

Cameron Hummels chummels at astro.columbia.edu
Sat May 5 15:35:23 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to generate an off-axis projection using a
homogenized volume as an input, instead of the default kd-tree method.
I have no problems using this method, until I try to add a weight field
to the projection, then it simply returns "Inf" values for each pixel.
I checked, and the exact same source using the kd-tree method works with
no problems (it's just slower because I'm running this on a small subset
of the overall dataset).  Do I need to do something special when I
create the homogenized volume to take into account the additional
weighting field?  I didn't see a function parameter for a weight in the
constructor for HomogenizedVolume, and looking at the source doesn't
provide any obvious clues, but perhaps I just need to code it in.
Suggestions?

Cameron