[yt-users] python timing

Eric Hallman hallman at txcorp.com
Thu May 3 10:41:21 PDT 2012

Is there a standard or best methodology for tracking python code performance?  I see in the intertubes that one can use the time module, or timeit or other things.  How about memory usage?  Or is this typically handled by debugging tools?

What I really want to do is isolate logjams in python code by function call etc. in a fairly non-intrusive way.

Thanks for any advice.

Eric
--
Eric Hallman
Tech-X Corporation               hallman at txcorp.com
5621 Arapahoe Ave, Suite A       Phone: (720) 254-5833
Boulder, CO 80303                Fax:   (303) 448-7756