[yt-users] Projection Performance

Richard P Wagner rpwagner at sdsc.edu
Tue May 1 17:15:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

I wanted to build a sequence of projections using various color maps along each axis. The data set I'm using the z = 0 one from the L7 simulation some of you are familiar with. Here's the paste of my current script:
  http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2335/

(The early sys.exit is deliberate.)

Does anyone have an estimate of the time doing this projection serially should take? After two hours it was still going without having produced the first image. The same plots done on the z = 2.75 data took about 15 minutes (this data has about 1/5 the number of grids, though).

I will also gladly take advice on better methods for the projections, or if the benefit to doing this in parallel is worth it.

Thanks,
Rick