[yt-users] help

Nathan Goldbaum goldbaum at ucolick.org
Fri Mar 23 10:11:15 PDT 2012

Hi Nick,

In a terminal, you'll need to navigate to the directory where cloud_hdf5_plt_cnt_0221 exists.  Once you're in that directory, you should be able to load the file into yt by simply typing:

yt load cloud_hdf5_plt_cnt_0221

In the command line.  This will start an ipython session with your dataset loaded as 'pf'.

If that doesn't work then there is either a problem with how yt is reading your data or you are trying to read in data that yt doesn't support yet.  I know John asked earlier, but it would help if you would let us know what version of FLASH produced the dataset.

If you want lower latency feedback, please feel free to join us on IRC: http://yt-project.org/irc.html

Best,

Nathan Goldbaum
Graduate Student