[yt-users] matpltolib warning at start

Jean-Claude Passy jcpassy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 18:34:32 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

nothing dramatic but I get a warning when I start iyt:

[19:25:12] lattice:$ iyt

/home/jcpassy/yt-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py:908:
UserWarning:  This call to matplotlib.use() has no effect

because the the backend has already been chosen;

matplotlib.use() must be called *before* pylab, matplotlib.pyplot,

or matplotlib.backends is imported for the first time.

   if warn: warnings.warn(_use_error_msg)

Welcome to pylab, a matplotlib-based Python environment [backend: agg].

For more information, type 'help(pylab)'.

| Welcome to yt! |

I did not get this problem before I updated to the most recent
changeset, and I reproduced the warning on two different Linux machines.
If anyone has an idea about how to get rid of it, please let me know.

Cheers,

JC