[yt-users] Reading in Potential Field

meecegre at msu.edu meecegre at msu.edu
Thu Mar 1 14:17:44 PST 2012

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to use yt to calculate the spin parameter of a halo generated by Enzo. I have enzo writing out the potential using the -g flag, but when yt reads in the field, it isn't able to figure out the units or recognize it as a known field. Also, yt is keeping the potential data in code units, rather than converting to CGS. When I make a plot of the potential, the plot says that the units are unknown.

When I load the dataset into yt, the relavant output is
yt : [INFO     ] 2012-03-01 17:10:20,349 Adding unknown field PotentialField to list of fields

I discussed this probelm with Brian O'Shea and Britton Smith. Not sure if anyone else has run into this issue.

-- Greg Meece