[yt-users] Strange artifacts in volume rendering movie made using parallel_objects

Nathan Goldbaum goldbaum at ucolick.org
Thu Mar 1 01:20:00 PST 2012

Hi all,

This has something to do with the way the layer closest to the high-density edge of the transfer function gets treated.  Setting the maximum density of the transfer function to be well above the maximum density in the last frame seems to be a quick fix for the problem (e.g. in this new video [made with this updated script] which looks pretty good until the very end).  I'm not familiar with parallelism in the camera object so any advice I could get on this would be greatly appreciated.

I should be available on IRC tomorrow to try to work this out.

-Nathan