[yt-users] Derivative Error

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 10:21:07 PDT 2012

Hi Nathan,

Yup, I agree with your assessment -- there's an edge effect.  You need
one more thing to get the derivative field working; you need to tell
yt to give you an extra zone in each direction.  You can do that by
changing your decorator for the derived field to:

@derived_field(name = "GravGradientX", validators = [ValidateSpatial(1)])

I don't believe you need any additional changes inside the source
code.  Let us know if that fixes it!

-Matt