[yt-users] Error with derived field

Nathan Butcher butchernate at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 12:19:19 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am having trouble using a derived field with a CoveringGrid. I am making
fields for dPhi/dx, dPhi/dy, dPhi/dz using the PotentialField from ENZO.
The derivative fields do not get passed into the CoveringGrid and get
recalculated. This leads to the derivative being zero in areas that were
originally in coarse cells.

Density and DivV fields were passed to the CoveringGrid properly. As a test
I defined a field that was Density^2 and that was passed to the
CoveringGrid properly, so I think it is a problem specific to derived
fields based on the ENZO-specific PotentialField. I have included the
source for my derivative functions.

Thank you,
Nathan Butcher