[yt-users] how do I use the convert(field) in Field List?

Geoffrey So gsiisg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:10:54 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to plot a projection of the SZ effect, and I'm not sure how the
mechanism works.  If I do
.
.
.
proj = pf.h.proj(0, "SZKinetic", weight_field='Ones')
frb = FixedResolutionBuffer(proj, (0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0), (imgres, imgres))
img = frb[field]
pylab.imshow( img, interpolation='nearest', origin='lower')

After some digging I found the constants defined in
yt/utilities/physical_constants.py, but I'm not sure how do I use the
convertSZKinetic to get cgs answers (is the field SZKinetic already
returned as cgs, if so what is the cgs units?), and what are the units on
0.88 in the following equation?  If I know that I can figure out the cgs
units.

def _convertSZKinetic(data):
    return 0.88*((sigma_thompson/mh)/clight)

From
G.S.