[yt-users] Can't locate Tcl/Tk libs and/or headers

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 05:09:25 PDT 2012

Hi Alejandro,

I just checked, and on my Ubuntu desktop I have both readline and
Tkinter support.  Here are the Tcl/Tk-related packages I have
installed:

tcl
tcl-dev
tcl8.3
tcl8.4
tcl8.4-dev
tcl8.5
tcl8.5-dev
tcllib
tk
tk-dev
tk8.4
tk8.5
tk8.5-dev

These are the curses related packages:

lib32ncurses5
lib32ncursesw5
libncurses5
libncurses5:i386
libncurses5-dev
libncursesw5
libncursesw5:i386
ncurses-base
ncurses-bin

You probably only need a subset of these, but my apt-skills are weak
so I can't quite figure it out.  If you remove the file 'done' inside
the Python-2.7.2 directory and re-run the install script, it should
attempt to rebuild from scratch.  At the very end it should also 'pip
install readline' which will get the readline facilities that you were
missing before.

Let us know if that works!

-Matt