[yt-users] projection results

Geoffrey So gsiisg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 14:27:20 PDT 2012

Thanks for the explanations, but I think I'm still confused about something
and want a bit more clarifications,

I thought when I'm projecting density, I'm doing (Density1 + Density2
+...), which is obviously wrong because I forgot about the Length
dimention, so it should be:

Density1 * L1 + Density2 * L2 + ... = units of g/cm^2

When I'm projecting density with density as weight, I would think I would
then be doing:

(Density1**2 * L1 + Density2**2 * L2 +...)/(Density1 + Density2 + ...) =
 units of g/cm^2

But according to Sam, the units of weighted should be g/cm^3, where the
role of v and w is switched.  "v": O(Density) is the value, and "w":
O(Density)*O(L) is the weight.  And thus we get a projection weighted
Density cell value in units of g/cm^3 instead of g/cm^2.  Shouldn't the
weighting not change the units, or am I confusing projection weighted
density with density weighted projection?

I've never done unweighted projections, so I kept using the units of the
field (g/cm^3 in case of Density), those units seems right or have I been
wrong all along?

From
G.S.