[yt-users] Xray luminosity in yt

Eric Hallman hallman at txcorp.com
Thu Jul 19 07:31:57 PDT 2012

Yuan,
  Sam Skillman has a routine for this that takes lookup tables as an input (as Britton says).  It computes fixed-band X-ray emissivity with lines and thermal bremsstrahlung.  I use it, but I don't remember at the moment where the current table files are.  I'm sure Sam will point you in the right direction.

Eric
On Jul 19, 2012, at 10:17 AM, Britton Smith wrote:

> Hi Yuan,
>
> I believe yt has the functionality to compute the X-ray emission from a set of tables computed with Cloudy.  I believe Sam Skillman or Eric Hallman know how to do this, so maybe they can chime in.  It requires these data tables that do not ship with yt, but I think we would be happy to provide you with them.
>
> Britton
>
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Yuan Li <bear0980 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to calculate the x-ray luminosity of my cool core cluster.
> I know that there is XRayEmissivity in yt but it is bremsstrahlung
> radiation only. I am trying to get the X-ray luminosity or emissivity
> from cooler gas as well.
>
> If anyone has a routine that can do this, please let me know. Thank you!
>
> Yuan

Eric Hallman
Tech-X Corporation               hallman at txcorp.com
5621 Arapahoe Ave, Suite A       Phone: (720) 254-5833
Boulder, CO 80303                Fax:   (303) 448-7756