[yt-users] Having trouble running yt on kraken

Yuan Li bear0980 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 15:41:59 PDT 2012

Hi Britton,

Thanks for your suggestion! Now the problem has been semi-solved.

I have checked my script and I have this "module load yt/dev/", so I guess
I am using yt/dev, which is what I use on other machines.

There is indeed a problem with "slice". I had all my functions defined
inside one file called profile.py (my bad: I started with profiles and kept
adding things without changing the name of it). After I changed that file
to "yuan.py", the error I got was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/spool/alps/2362242/try1.py", line 3, in <module>
    import yuan as yuan
ImportError: No module named yuan

So Kraken did not see my file. It did not complain before because there was
a built-in function in python called profile.

Now after I added this to my script:
import sys
sys.path.append('/lustre/scratch/yuan/Thermal09/')

Kraken could finally import my functions!

The reason why I said that it was only semi-solved is because now I am
getting "MemoryError". I will try to use more nodes, but it may never work
:).

How many nodes do you use for each job, Britton?

Thanks!
Yuan