[yt-users] analyze flash data with uniform grid

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 12:35:53 PDT 2012

Hi Suoqing,

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Ji Suoqing <jisuoqing at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Currently I'm trying to analyze Flash4-beta data with YT, and for the data file uniform grid rather than AMR is used. I always get such error when I load the file:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "/aphelion/jisuoqing/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/convenience.py", line 71, in load
>     return output_type_registry[candidates[0]](*args, **kwargs)
>   File "/aphelion/jisuoqing/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/frontends/flash/data_structures.py", line 214, in __init__
>     StaticOutput.__init__(self, filename, data_style)
>   File "/aphelion/jisuoqing/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/data_objects/static_output.py", line 92, in __init__
>     self._parse_parameter_file()
>   File "/aphelion/jisuoqing/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/frontends/flash/data_structures.py", line 377, in _parse_parameter_file
>     self.min_level = self.parameters["lrefine_min"] -1
> KeyError: 'lrefine_min'
>
> So, does YT provides a way to deal with the uniform grid?

If FLASH4 either doesn't set that parameter anymore or had conditional
parameter setting, that will need to be taken into account in the
future.  I've checked and it looks like this parameter is optional (it
will default to L0) and so I've added a check for it.  If it's not
present, it sets it to be the most lenient.  This was done in the
current development branch, in changeset 2ace6373d8a3, so you will
need to update with "yt update".

Thanks,

Matt