[yt-users] yt installaton failing

Nathan Goldbaum goldbaum at ucolick.org
Thu Jul 5 13:02:56 PDT 2012

Hi Shankar,

Sorry about the name confusion.

I'm mystified about what's happening.  For some reason, the pip setup is unable to find the version of python isntalled by yt and fails when it tries to import a built-on python library.  This is doubly weird because other python packages like distribute and mercurial were able to find the yt python with no problem.

Maybe someone else on the list has more insight.

We may also be able to give you somewhat lower latency help if you drop by the irc channel: http://yt-project.org/irc.html

Cheers,

Nathan Goldbaum
Graduate Student