[yt-users] multiple projections

Nathan Goldbaum goldbaum at ucolick.org
Tue Jul 3 15:04:05 PDT 2012

HI Massimo,

I think you will need to use FixedResolutionBuffer if you want to generate a 2D image.  Matt's suggestion will give you all of the finest resolution data but you would have to do a bit of work to generate an image array.  FixedResolutionBuffer actually does all of the necessary work behind the scenes.

FixedResolutionBuffer will not resample (and in fact will oversample in derefined regions) if you specify an image buffer with a pixel scale finer than the resolution of your simulation.

Nathan Goldbaum
Graduate Student
Astronomy & Astrophysics, UCSC
goldbaum at ucolick.org