[yt-users] Projections and field parameters

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 13:36:29 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Does anybody know how exactly projections work with field parameters? Suppose I have a field called "ProjectedVelocity" that takes a field parameter "axis" that chooses between the velocity components depending on the axis of projection.

The code goes like this:

proj = pf.h.proj(axis, "ProjectedVelocity", weight_field="DensitySquared")
proj.set_field_parameter("axis", axis)

But it looks like this field is being projected before the field parameter is set. Will I get the correct behavior when I do something later with the proj object, like generate an FRB?

Best,

John Z