[yt-users] multiple projections

Massimo Gaspari gaspmax at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:20:24 PDT 2012

Hi guys,

Is it possible to perform multiple projections with just one pf.h.proj (even with different weights)?

I am currently doing something like:

proj1 = pf.h.proj(axis, "Temperature", weight1)
proj2 = pf.h.proj(axis, "Density", weight2)
proj3 ....

frb1 = FixedResolutionBuffer(proj1, (xmin, xmax, zmin, zmax), res)
frb2 = FixedResolutionBuffer(proj2, (xmin, xmax, zmin, zmax), res)
frb3 ....

This way yt recomputes projections for each variable, which is obviously slow. Is it the only way?

I have also a doubt on FixedResolutionBuffer. Is this always necessary after projection in order to access the data? Or can I access the data projected via pf.h.proj even without resampling?

Thank you as always.

Cheers,

  Max