[yt-users] Star particles error

Fernando Becerra becerrafernando at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:53:53 PST 2012

Hi Stephen,

> Could you run this script, and give us the output (perhaps in a paste
> if it's long)? We're wondering if there are grids with particles in
> your disk, but without the star-specific fields.

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2007/
Every grid has no creation_time, even though some of them have NumberOfParticles > 0 (e.g. grid.id=143)

> Also, this command will uniquely pull out all the fields in your hdf5
> files.

$ h5ls -r *.cpu* | cut -f4 -d\/|cut -f1 -d\ |sort -u

Dark_Matter_Density
Density
Metal_Density
Temperature
TotalEnergy
creation_time
dynamical_time
metallicity_fraction
particle_index
particle_mass
particle_position_x
particle_position_y
particle_position_z
particle_type
particle_velocity_x
particle_velocity_y
particle_velocity_z
x-velocity
y-velocity
z-velocity

I also realized that if I use yt-2.3 instead of yt-2.2 I can get "particle_index" and "particle_mass", but if I try "particle_type" I get the same error than with "creation_time".

Thanks!
Fernando.