[yt-users] Memory leaks and volume rendering

Geoffrey So gsiisg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 13:16:27 PST 2012

Sorry to butt in here, but could this be related to the same issue I had
when trying to iterate many different subvolume for the halo profiler in a
loop style, and see the peak max memory grow over each iteration of the
loop?  The behavior described seems awfully familiar to me.

The way I got around this problem is to star a new python instance for each
of the subvolume in bash, and pass in the subvolume number via sys.argv[].

in bash I have:

for j in {50..50}
do
mpirun -n 256 python <script name>.py $j --parallel 2>&1 | tee `printf %i
$j`progress.txt
done

the above will analyze the piece number 50 of my data

in the yt script I have:

import sys
inputsv = int(sys.argv[1])

But of course this is a temporary fix of the symptoms not the cure, since I
wasn't able to narrow the problem down further.

From
G.S.

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM, John ZuHone <jzuhone at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov