[yt-users] error launching yt: __gnu_cxx::__concurrence_lock_error

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 11:12:57 PST 2012

Hi JC,

Ah, okay.  This sounds more and more like a problem with building
matplotlib.  I'm going to recommend a potentially unpopular solution:
wipe your yt-whatever directory, make sure you set CC and CXX, and
build from scratch with a fresh checkout of the install script.  My
suspicion is that there is some library -- in this case, likely one of
the matplotlib .so's -- that uses C++, is incorrectly built/linked,
and is causing these funky import errors.  This may not fix your
problem, but if it does, that's a happy day.  If it does not, we'll
sit down next week and I'll take a look.

-Matt