[yt-users] Star particles error

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Tue Jan 3 12:21:48 PST 2012

Hi Fernando,

Matt Turk and I have been exchanging messages in the background and we
are a bit puzzled about your problem, but have some ideas of where to
ask you to look.

Could you run this script, and give us the output (perhaps in a paste
if it's long)? We're wondering if there are grids with particles in
your disk, but without the star-specific fields.

from yt.config import ytcfg; ytcfg["yt","serialize"] = "False"
from yt.mods import *
pf = load("DD0088/g1e10s1e11dm1e12_0088")
my_disk=pf.h.disk([0.5, 0.5, 0.5], [0, 0, 1], 50/pf["kpc"], 10/pf["kpc"])
for grid in my_disk._grids:
    print grid.id, grid.NumberOfParticles
    try:
        ct = grid['creation_time']
        print ct.size
    except:
        print 'no creation_time'

Also, this command will uniquely pull out all the fields in your hdf5
files. It should be run in the same directory as the *cpu* files in
DD0088. We're pretty sure that I was wrong about you missing
particles, but this is a good double-check. It should include all the
particle fields, including creation_time.

h5ls -r *.cpu* | cut -f4 -d\/|cut -f1 -d\ |sort -u

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us
http://stephenskory.com/