[yt-users] question about parameter file

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:40:13 PST 2012

Hi Ali,

pf["Density"] returns the conversion factor yt uses internally.  This
is a confusing point -- the only conversions that are meaningful are
time and length; all of the fields are returned pre-converted.

This is a confusing point, and earlier this week on the dev mailing
list we decided to deprecate access to the parameter file via
["whatever"] so as to reduce potential tripping points:

http://lists.spacepope.org/pipermail/yt-dev-spacepope.org/2012-February/001830.html
(and subsequent messages in that thread)

-Matt

PS Welcome to yt-users!