[yt-users] EPS figures in matplotlib (*slightly* off topic)

Cameron Hummels chummels at astro.columbia.edu
Sat Feb 11 10:34:33 PST 2012

Hi John,

I've also experienced this before, although I got the banding when I
saved to .png, and I didn't get the banding when I switched to .eps.  I
played around with stuff, but I couldn't seem to get rid of the banding,
and since it was a minor effect I let it slide.  I'd be interested to
hear if you find a solution, though!  Good luck.

Cameron

On 02/11/2012 11:12 AM, John ZuHone wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Firstly, I recognize I should probably send this to a matplotlib list so I will do that also. However, I figure this is not a bad place to ask.
>
> I'm using matplotlib to write EPS figures, just simply using
>
> fig.savefig("test.eps").
>
> However, I'm getting banding effects in the colorbar that I'm not seeing with other formats. I've attached an example. Any suggestions?
>
> Best,
>
> John Z

Cameron Hummels
PhD Candidate, Astronomy Department of Columbia University
Public Outreach Director, Astronomy Department of Columbia University
NASA IYA New York State Student Ambassador
http://outreach.astro.columbia.edu
PGP: 0x06F886E3