[yt-users] memory usage of HOP halo finder

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Wed Feb 22 18:16:45 PST 2012

Hi Mike,

> Yes, that does the trick. However,
> self._data_source.quantities["TotalQuantity"]("ParticleMassMsun")
> returns a list, so I needed to add a '[0]' in order to get just the
> number.

I'm glad it helped. I will make this change soon to the source. I
always forget about that list part!

> It's not immediately clear to me how to implement this fix for the
> dm_only=True case, in which you only want the sum over DM particles.

It may be possible to write a special field or something... I'll think about it.

> Lastly, does the sub_mass calculation have to be done even when
> subvolume is None and only a single processor is being used? It seems
> in this case sub_mass = total_mass and the second calculation could be
> skipped.

I think you're right. I'll make this change too! Thanks for pointing this out.

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us
http://stephenskory.com/