[yt-users] Ramses plot issues

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:03:06 PST 2012

Hi Sam and Matt,

I'm able to reproduce Sam's crash on my laptop (OS X 10.7, yt-3.0
6fb278bef80f).

I was able to run python inside gdb but the backtrace isn't very helpful
(at least to my eyes): http://paste.yt-project.org/show/3002/

One possibly useful hint is that it appears to be crashing inside
CPython proper rather than _ramses_reader.so.

I also tried in yt-2.5 dev ( 4174ccdee99d) and don't see crashes,
although looking at the plots I get back, I see some corruption:
http://i.imgur.com/PrQyO.png

It's not clear if this is an issue on the yt side or if the data file
Sam supplied is somehow corrupted.  I'm guessing that Sam can
independently verify that the data is free or errors.

-Nathan