[yt-users] YT Installation Problem/Resolution

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 18:46:20 PDT 2012

Hi Matt,

Welcome to yt!  We had some issues with domain redirection on our website
today.  If you re-download the install script it should work as-is now.
 Sorry for the trouble!

Nathan

On Aug 15, 2012, at 6:39 PM, Matt Malloy <mattma at sas.upenn.edu> wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I am extremely new to yt, and attempted to install it for the first time
this morning. However, when doing so, I encountered a problem with the
server which caused the installation to fail (I have attached the segment
of the install log which shows the original errors). After contacting Sam
Skillman, he kindly suggested altering the following lines in the install
script to read https intead of http, which resolved everything:

554         YT_DIR="$PWD/yt-hg/"
555         ( ${HG_EXEC} --debug clone
http://hg.yt-project.org/yt-supplemental/ 2>&1 ) 1>> ${LOG_FILE}
556         # Recently the hg server has had some issues with timeouts.  In
lieu of
557         # a new webserver, we are now moving to a three-stage process.
558         # First we clone the repo, but only up to r0.
559         ( ${HG_EXEC} --debug clone http://hg.yt-project.org/yt/ ./yt-hg
2>&1 ) 1>> ${LOG_FILE}
560         # Now we update to the branch we're interested in.
561         ( ${HG_EXEC} -R ${YT_DIR} up -C ${BRANCH} 2>&1 ) 1>> ${LOG_FILE}

Just wanted to let you know in case others encounter this problem or if you
wanted to change the install script. Thanks and have a good night!

Matt Malloy

<InstallErrors.txt>