[yt-users] yt update error

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 03:12:55 PDT 2012

Hi Latif,

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 5:47 AM, Latif <latifne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I tried to update the my old version of yt and got the following error.  I
> did some google search, it seems that problem occurs due to version
> conflicts with python and mercirial. Any ideas how to fix this issue.
> Thanks in advance!

Yup, looks to me like when the yt stack was built, libssl-dev wasn't
installed on your system -- or it's not installed now, not sure.  When
you updated, did you run "yt update"?  I would recommend downloading
the install script anew and running it *over top* of your existing
installation.  This will also upgrade all of your dependencies.
Before you do that, if you're on Ubuntu it will tell you which
packages you need to have installed first.

So,

wget http://hg.yt-project.org/yt/raw/stable/doc/install_script.sh
bash install_script.sh

Let us know how it goes!