[yt-users] Quiver normalization

Jean-Claude Passy jcpassy at uvic.ca
Wed Aug 1 13:58:17 PDT 2012

Hi Max,

'factor' is the number of the data points skipped while 'scale' is the data units per 'scale_units'. Try the following:

p.modify["velocity"](factor=13, scale=1e8, scale_units='inches').

If you have a velocity of 1000 km/s, it should then produce an arrow 1 inch long.
Let me know if it works.

Cheers,

JC