[yt-users] Fortran kD Tree Setup and Clumps

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 10:48:17 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Geoffrey So <gsiisg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would much prefer Forthon be installed as part of the install script
> (downloaded Forthon and installed it so many times by hand), so +1 on that
> suggestion... on that note, is it hard to add mpi4py to the list as well?

Forthon is already part of the install script.

mpi4py is a lot harder to get installed correctly.  We could make it
optional, but I am somewhat disinclined to take responsibility for
that.  It's also been recently brought to my attention how long the
dependency list has gotten (especially since we started encouraging
the IPython notebook by default) and I'd like to try to winnow it down
before we talk about adding new ones.

-Matt