[yt-users] Fortran kD Tree Setup and Clumps

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Thu Aug 30 10:24:24 PDT 2012

Hi Francia & Matt,

> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Francia F. Riesco <ff2214 at columbia.edu> wrote:
>>   Everybody good afternoon,
>>     about Fortran kD Tree Setup, just to keep thread with my fix.
>>     1) I downloaded the YT-DEV version and it didn't fix my problem.
>>     However, when I downloaded Forthon-0.8.7.tgz it did the trick.
>
> Stephen, Geoffrey -- what's the summary of why this is still a
> problem?  If we know that Forthon-0.8.7 fixes the issue, why can't we
> just revert to that in the install script?

The issue is that right now a user still needs to manually cd into the
yt/utilities/kdtree directory and run "make", and then do "python
setup.py install" at the top level, in order for the fortran shared
object to work. Starting from a completely clean install of yt-dev
(from the install_script.sh), I just now verified that this is what
needs to be done to make things work. Is there a way to have "make"
called from the setup process?

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us