[yt-users] Luminosity within r

Massimo Gaspari gaspmax at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 08:17:02 PDT 2012

Hi guys,
I am trying to calculate the (X-ray) luminosity within a sphere of radius r:Lx = sum emissivity *dvol  (within r)
Suppose I have defined a new derived field XRayEmissivity, dependent on data['Density'] and data['Temperature'].
How would you carry out that?

I am trying to use BinnedProfile1D. However, it seems that the derived fields are computed only *after* binning, e.g.XRayEmissivity = <Density>**2 * <Temperature>^0.5
I don't want to use the averaged quantities (in each shell). I would like to compute the emissivity point by point, for each leaf block(very important for the luminosity).
Is it possible?
Thanks, as always!

  Max