[yt-users] Nearest neighbours

Elizabeth Tasker taskere at mcmaster.ca
Mon Sep 12 18:41:22 PDT 2011

Hey Stephen,

How complex would that be? Currently, I've cut out an extracted region and I'm working around the neighbours of cells to decide if they deserve to stay in what I'm defining as a "cloud". It's basically fine, I just like the idea of working directly with the raw data because it seems the less steps there are between raw and the result, the less numerical errors there are likely to be. That said, including different sized grid cells might make my potential field bumpy so it might not necessarily work!

It also seems to me that having a routine to find the neighbours of a grid cell, independent of whether they are on the same grid, would be a useful general analysis tool.

So ... how hard are we talking? :)

Elizabeth