[yt-users] field parameters and extract_connected_sets

Elizabeth Tasker tasker at astro1.sci.hokudai.ac.jp
Thu Oct 20 02:11:09 PDT 2011

Hi,

NegEscapeVelocity is a field I created that needs a field parameter. Density doesn't need any field parameters and works fine. I have the same problem if I try it with any field that needs a field parameter, for example:

contours = dd.extract_connected_sets("Radius", 1, 30.0, maxv, log_space=False)

fails because it needs:

center = data.get_field_parameter("center")

I can get around this by making the parameters I need global variables, I just wondered if there was a way to pass field variables to this routine?

Elizabeth