[yt-users] Installing YT to co-exist with existing Python packages

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 06:27:43 PDT 2011

Hi Sam,

It shouldn't be a problem.  Just make sure you have the dependencies
satisfied, set up hdf5.cfg, freetype.cfg and png.cfg files in a
checkout of yt from hg, and install it as you would any other python
package with setup.py install, etc.  The reason we supply the install
script, with a full stack, is to ensure that it is installable
anywhere.

-Matt