[yt-users] Installing YT to co-exist with existing Python packages

Sam Geen samgeen at astro.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 13 05:47:19 PDT 2011

Hi,

I don't know how widely this has been discussed (sorry if it has and
I've just missed it), but how easy would it be to install YT such that
it interacts with my existing Python packages? Is the easiest thing
simply to re-install everything to the YT directory and re-update the
PYTHONPATH environment variable for any packages not in the default
Python path, or is there a better way to allow YT and my existing Python
packages to co-exist without activating/deactivating YT?

Thanks!

Sam