[yt-users] rendering with streamlines

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 12:35:31 PST 2011

Hi Bo,

Welcome to yt!  Unfortunately there is no way to currently do this, but it
is a feature we've wanted to develop for some time now.  It may be possible
to take the volume rendering image with knowledge of the camera properties
and post-process it with a projection of the streamline positions, but I
don't think anyone has tried doing so and it wouldn't preserve the depth
ordering of the volume rendering and the streamlines.  I will say there is
an ongoing effort to refactor our volume rendering a bit, and ideally these
types of operations would be possible at that time.  If you'd like to help
work on this you would of course be welcome to do so, but if not I guess
I'd just say stay tuned for now.

Again, welcome!

Best,
Sam