[yt-users] Fwd: Readline service not available

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 03:55:44 PST 2011

Hi Sam,

In theory, it should be possible as is to install yt into the existing
source tree.  You just need to install the dependencies individually:

 * numpy
 * matplotlib
 * h5py
 * hdf5
 * freetype library (should be optional, but currently is not)
 * Cython
 * mercurial

and a couple other optional items.  I've considered in the past making
a PPA for Ubuntu, but I personally don't use it because of issues with
living inside the OS-specific ecosystem.  Tom Robitaille kindly
maintains a MacPorts yt.  I know Mike Kuhlen runs yt inside a
local-packages directory, which he manually installs using the
OS-level Python, but I don't know who else does.

Also, Hi Chao!  Welcome to yt and Python and Linux!  I logged on to
IRC yesterday and saw you asked your question there, but it looked
like I just missed you.  :)  Glad things got resolved!

-Matt