[yt-users] Readline service not available

Casey W. Stark caseywstark at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 18:13:04 PDT 2011

Hi all.

Yeah, I've seen this a few times. GNU readline is installed by default on
Ubuntu, so you should be good there (you have to get it yourself on Macs).
The python package readline is the Python interface for GNU readline, see
http://docs.python.org/library/readline.html. So, even if you have python
readline installed on the default (system) python site-packages, you need
to install it again in your yt site-packages.

Best,
Casey