[yt-users] volume rendering rotate

Stella Offner soffner at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 8 07:35:35 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm making a volume rendering movie and I'm encountering an issue with
the rotate function. I'm iterating over a call to cam.rotate(angle,
rot_vector=north), with a fixed angle and north vector. However, the
output images rotate about that axis for a few frames and then switch
north vectors and rotate about a different north. I'm using a yt version
I installed a couple weeks ago, so its pretty up to date. Do you know
what could be going on?

for j in range(1,76):
           cam.rotate((3.14*2.0/75.0), rot_vector=[0, 0, 1])
           vals = cam.snapshot()
           image_file = "%s_st%i_%i_%i_%i_box_%i.png" % (pf, star, xrot,
yrot, zrot, ifile+j)
           write_bitmap(vals, image_file)

Thanks,
Stella