[yt-users] possible bugs in analytical mass function code and halo profiler code

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Tue May 24 14:26:50 PDT 2011

Hi Mike,

> Ah, that's a good point about the re-centering. I see that in the yt
> 'stable' branch there's a 'use_density_center' option, although the
> docs say "This is generally not needed." But I'm using the 'yt'
> branch, and there 'use_density_center' has been replaced with a
> 'recenter' option. It looks like I have to pass a function that
> performs the halo re-centering. What does this function have to look
> like? Is there an example anywhere?

Yes, the new recentering stuff is slated to be fully released with the
2.2 release. I've added docs to the yt-docs mercurial repository, but
bitbucket is having issues right now, so I can't point you to them,
and I'm assuming you don't have a copy locally already. So I've pasted
the relevant stuff here:

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1667/

Let me know if that's not helpful!

--