[yt-users] Treecode question

Andrew Davis andrew.davis at yale.edu
Fri May 27 07:16:33 PDT 2011

Hi folks,

I just updated my yt yesterday to use the new treecode algorithm in calculating
binding energies.  Many many thanks to those who worked on it and tested it.
However,  I'm looking at the code, and I see this in the function (on line 388
of derived_quantities.py):

        octree = Octree(cover_ActiveDimensions, 1, True)
        #print 'here', cover_ActiveDimensions
        # Now discover what levels this data comes from, not assuming
        # symmetry.
        dxes = na.unique(data['dx']) # unique returns a sorted array,
        dyes = na.unique(data['dy']) # so these will all have the same
--->>>>  dzes = na.unique(data['dx']) # order.
        # We only need one dim to figure out levels, we'll use x.
        dx = 1./data.pf.domain_dimensions[0]

I've marked the line where I would think it should be getting data['dz'] instead
of 'dx'.  Am I just not getting this or should this be changed?

Thanks!

Andrew
**  Andrew J. Davis             andrew.davis at yale.edu      **
**  Dept. of Astronomy          203-432-5119               **
**  Yale University             www.astro.yale.edu/adavis  **