[yt-users] Memory Error in parallelHF

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Fri May 13 10:03:54 PDT 2011

Hi Carolyn,

>  File "/share/home/01078/tg803421/yt-x86_64/lib/python2.6/site-packages/numpy/core/numeric.py", line 408, in asfortranarray
>    return array(a, dtype, copy=False, order='F', ndmin=1)
> MemoryError

You are suspecting the right thing, I think. You will need to run this
with more memory. Are you running this in parallel? If so, ask for
twice the nodes, with the same number of MPI tasks, putting half the
tasks on each node. This will effectively double the amount of RAM per
MPI task. I think you should only need to change '16way' to '8way'.

Good luck!

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us