[yt-users] quick rendering question

Andrew Davis andrew.davis at yale.edu
Wed May 4 06:14:02 PDT 2011

Hi folks,

I'm doing some simple volume rendering, with the end goal to make a movie looking at the central object from a bunch of different angles (just going around in a circle).  When I do the script below, some of the images are rotated 90 degrees from the others -- that is, the correct viewing direction, but just rotated clockwise 90 degrees.  Any thoughts why that would be happening?

Cheers,

Andrew

tf=ColorTransferFunction((mi,ma))
tf.add_layers(6,w=0.02)
v,c=pf.h.find_max("Density")
W = 0.01/pf['pc']
Nvec=512
for i in range(200):
   dy=4.*math.pi/199.
   theta = i * dy
   yval = math.cos(theta)
   xval = math.sin(theta)
   L=[xval,yval,0.]
   vp=pf.h.volume_rendering(L,W,c,Nvec,tf,whole_box=True)
   vp.ray_cast()
   write_bitmap(vp.image,"VolTest_%03d.png" % i)

**  Andrew J. Davis             andrew.davis at yale.edu      **
**  Dept. of Astronomy          203-432-5119                      **
**  Yale University             www.astro.yale.edu/adavis   **